What is Medical Centre Malpractice Insurance?

Operating a business in the medical field can be complex. Firms or incorporated bodies providing health care services can still be held responsible for the provision of such health care services regardless of whether the medical practitioner or locum doctor is an employee or not, and regardless of whether the practitioner or locum has their own individual medical indemnity insurance. Medical Malpractice Liability Insurance can protect you as a healthcare establishment from claims arising from your healthcare services.

We understand the unique risks faced by healthcare establishments and can help you obtain a medical malpractice insurance policy with the following exposures in mind:

  • Medical malpractice
  • Vicarious Liability
  • Adminstrative errors and omissions
  • Medicare fraud by employees
  • Disclosure of patient records in breach of privacy legislation
  • Adverse publicity causing damage to your reputation
  • Prosecutions under OH&S and environmental law as well as other compensatory civil penalties
  • Molestation of patients
  • Inquiries into the conduct of health services

Who should have this cover?

Medical Centre Malpractice for firms or incorporated bodies providing health care services such as a:

  • Medium to larger size medical practice, clinic or centre
  • Dental centre or surgery
  • Radiology centre
  • Ophthalmology centre
  • Day surgery
  • Private Hospital, or
  • Fertility treatment centre

Do I need Malpractice or Liability Insurance?

Circumstances surrounding a claim may arise where there is a dispute as to whether a malpractice or a liability policy should respond. For example, where a patient is injured as a result of an equipment malfunction, is that malpractice or liability? We help you navigate through these risks to ensure you have the optimal cover.

For more information about Medical Malpractice Civil Liability Insurance contact us today on 1300 850 137.

General insurance services are provided by Experien General Insurance Services Pty Ltd ABN 77 151 269 279 AFS Licence No. 430190 (EGIS) trading as Experien Insurance Services.

 Please click here for our Financial Services Guide, which includes important regulatory disclosures regarding our license, remuneration and complaints handling.

General advice on this website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on the advice, consider its appropriateness. Consider our disclosure documents, which include our FSG and Product Disclosure Statements (PDS) for some products.
Clients not satisfied with our services should contact our Complaints Officer. We expect that our procedures will provide a fair and prompt resolution to your complaint. If, however, you’re not satisfied with our final decision or if we haven’t been able to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction within 30 days, you may be able to take the complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).  AFCA provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free for consumers. AFCA has authority to review certain complaints. Contact them to confirm if they can assist you.  You can contact the AFCA by 1800 931 678 (free call), or at